Lawn Busters - Helping seniors with lawn care
Many local seniors need help with mowing their lawns. This is a flexible volunteer opportunity. Volunteer to help a senior throught the season or add your name to a casual volunteer list. Call 780-464-4044
Become a Lawn Buster
You can make a difference in the life of a senior. There are two ways to help.
- Take some extra time when caring for your own yard to give a neighbour a helping hand.
- Register as a volunteer with the Lawn Busters program and be matched with a senior.
Volunteers may be individuals, families, teams or groups, who enjoy working outside, want to make community connections and prefer a flexible volunteer schedule.
To register as a volunteer, complete the Lawn Busters application form.
Lawn Busters FAQ's
Why it is important
In the 2009 Seniors Plan Survey, County seniors indicated that assistance with home maintenance, such as yard work, is one of the best ways to help them remain in their homes longer.
Seniors with physical limitations will appreciate your help. Receiving assistance with lawn care:
- helps seniors remain in their homes safely
- prevents injuries
- encourages communityconnections.
To register in the program, seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Strathcona County resident aged 65 or over
- physically unable to mow the lawn
- have an annual income not exceeding $25,100 for an individual or $40,800 for a couple
To request help with your lawn, contact Lawn Busters at
780-464-4044 or email Jodi.Kelloway@strathcona.ca
Last updated: Thursday, April 25, 2013
Page ID: 5474