Business Plan and Budget
How would you rate the importance of certain municipal programs in thinking about all of the services the County provides?
Have your say in the Business Plan and Budget 2014
The first step in preparing the Business Plan and Budget 2014 is to hear citizen's views on municipal services and how you would like your tax dollars spent. This public input will be reported back to Council to help guide business plan and budget decisions.
Thank you to everyone who provided their input. The online questionnaire is no longer available.
Hard copy questionnaires are still available at:
- Main reception desk, County Hall 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park
- Heartland Hall Contact Office, 55305 Range Road 214
- South Cooking Lake Contact Office, 22142 South Cooking Lake Road
- Strathcona County Library in the Community Centre
- Or call us to have a questionnaire mailed to you
Groups, organizations and individuals are invited to submit position papers or written input on the budget to Business Plan and Budget, 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, Albert, T8A 3W7
2012 Business Plan Iniatives - Video
What affects the annual budget?
The number and quality of services provided are the main factors that influence the budget.
Council must also consider:
- the needs and wants of our residents and businesses
- legislated requirements set out by the provincial and federal governments
- Council-approved plans and policies
- safety and labour regulations
- long-term social, environmental and financial commitments
- the need to protect our investment in infrastructure such as roads, buildings and equipment
- inflationary cost increases
Last updated: Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Page ID: 2460