- South Cooking Lake recycle event
- Increased rural enviroservice events
- Josephburg recycle station closes
Strathcona County has three recycling stations, which are open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Baseline Road Recycling Station
624 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park Google maps
- Ardrossan Recycling Station
Ardrossan Recreation Complex Google maps
This location will not be relocated until spring/summer 2013
- Streambank Avenue Recycling Station
420 Streambank Avenue, Sherwood Park Google maps
Recycling at the recycle stations is different than curbside collection. Items must be separated into the correct bins for recycling. Placing items in the wrong bin increases costs because contents have to be sorted and processed before it can be recycled. Recycling collected at stations are sent to a different location for processing than our curbside program.
|Items must be separated into proper bins for recycling at the recycle station.|
All locations, other than at Streambank Avenue, will accept the following materials:
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened, clean, dry and unsoiled)
- Glass jars (food and beverage glass containers, lids removed)
- Metal cans (aluminium cans and containers such as pie plates and take out containers)
- Mixed paper
- cereal and tissue boxes
- coloured, computer, glossy writing paper
- flyer inserts
- greeting cards
- junk mail
- paper bags
- paper egg cartons
- paper milk containers
- paper products
- tissue paper
- wrapping paper with no foil and paper drink cups)
- Newspaper (no inserts, flyers, phone books, mixed paper or junk mail)
- Plastic containers and styrofoam
- beverage containers
- bread, shopping and dry cleaner bags
- baby bottle liners
- lids from plastic milk jugs
- plastic bottles - ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, laundry detergent, fabric softener, shampoo, dish detergent
- ice cream pails
- Milk jugs (capless, cleaned and crushed)
- plastics #1 to #7 grade
- plastic containers such as yogurt
- plastic flower pots
- plastic lids from drink cups
- plastic film
- plastic utensils
- plastic wine corks
- styrofoam egg cartons, clean and dry meat trays, packaging, plates and cups, take out containers)
- Tires, rims removed (accepted at the Baseline location only)
Streambank Avenue Recycling Centre is the only location that collects grass clippings, leaves and yard waste. Sod and tree stumps are not accepted at Streambank Avenue and must be taken to the landfill. Sod in the bins is too heavy, and they cannot be transported to be emptied.
The decision to close this station was driven by the on-going abuse of the recycle station and resident concerns about the unsightliness of the site.
Residents of Josephburg have curbside recycling and access to The Recycle Station at 8609 111 street in Fort Saskatchewan. Curbside recycling customers are permitted to leave an unlimited amount of recycling out for collection each week.
The South Cooking Lake permanent recycling station has been closed however, temporary recycle events will be held monthly. Monthly recycle events are held at the South Cooking Lake Contact Office 22142 South Cooking Lake Road.
|January 26, 27||July 27, 28|
|February 23, 24||August 31, September 1|
|March 30, 31||September 28, 29|
|April 27, 28||October 26, 27|
|May 25, 26||November 30, December 1|
|June 29, 30||December 28, 29|
Two bins will be set up, one to collect paper products and the other for container recycling.
Acceptable paper items include:
- Mixed paper
Acceptable clean and dry container recycling includes:
- Aluminium cans
- Tin cans
Please put items in the correct bins. When items are placed in the incorrect bin, processing costs increase.
We appreciate that residents respect these events and will keep the area clean.
In order to provide a new type of service in the rural area, we will begin offering more Enviroservice events in Ardrossan to assist rural residents in diverting electronics, paint, batteries, household hazardous waste and other materials. Our intention is, as always, to provide quality services to our residents and increase diversion of materials from landfill. To subscribe to weekly waste, organics and recycling collection please call 780-449-5514.
Last updated: Monday, April 15, 2013
Page ID: 2205