The 2013 waste calendars were delivered by Canada Post in February. Moving the calendar from being delivered in January allows us to incorporate any changes that may come from the budget process in December.
If you do not accept "unaddressed admail" from Canada Post, you will not receive a calendar in the mail.
March 2013 to March 2014 Waste collection calendar
Want to print off a full version of the calendar?
If you click here (2.2 MB), the calendar will open and there will be a print option in the menu. However, we encourage residents to pick up a calendar or we will mail one to you. Our printed version uses one of the most environmentally friendly papers available, plus it uses less paper compared to printing the full version off the website.
Printed copies will be available in March to pickup at:
- County Hall, 2001 Sherwood Drive,
- Sherwood Park Glen Allan Complex, 199 Georgian Way, Sherwood Park
- Heartland Hall, 55305 Range Road 214
- Millennium Place, 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Public Services Yard, 370 Streambank Ave., Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre, 52535 Range Road 212
If you would like one mailed to you, contact Utilities at 780-449-5514.
You can print off a fridge-friendly version. Please note that information on making the Green Routine successful in your household, collection zones, special collections and events are not included in this version. Please refer to the website or the complete 2013 version of the calendar.
- Hamlet areas (Sherwood Park (including Balmoral Heights, Sherwood Park Golf & Country Club Estates, and Fountain Creek Estates), Ardrossan, Antler Lake, Collingwood Cove, Half Moon Lake, Hastings Lake, Josephburg, North and South Cooking Lake)
- Rural areas
Waste collection is available to all Strathcona County residents. To subscribe to this service call:
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Collection is on a fixed-day schedule. If your collection day is Tuesday, it will always be Tuesday. Waste will be collected between 7:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. If your collection was missed, call Utilities the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
On your collection day
- Put out your waste or organics cart and recycling for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Leave one metre clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Make sure access to roll-out carts is clear
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics
- Make sure your carts weigh less than 200 lbs otherwise they may not be able to be picked up and emptied
Are you new to the County or have you moved? Your waste collection subscription may have changed.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Last updated: Wednesday, March 06, 2013
Page ID: 2226